20 Common Mistakes in Consumer Collections
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Blunders, missteps, oversights, errors…
- Understand the most common collection mistakes and how to correct them
- Use the proper collection activities for the proper situation
- Distinguish between permissible and non-permissible collection activities
- Explain what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice in the collection of consumer debts
- Develop ways to reduce your institution’s risk of liability in its collection activities
Consumer debt collection remains a major source of complaints, lawsuits, and enforcement actions against financial institutions. There are numerous debt collection laws and regulations – and numerous opportunities for errors. Borrowers, their attorneys, and regulators are closely monitoring collection practices. Therefore, it is important to understand and implement proper collection procedures to avoid liability. This webinar will explain the most common consumer collection mistakes and how to reduce your institution’s liability risk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit consumer loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration personnel, collection staff, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
- CFPB’s Debt Collection Rule – Small Entity Compliance Guide
- CFPB’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Annual Report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits