2021 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2022: Updates & Challenges
StreamedJan 26, 2022Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
HMDA reporting can be tricky and error laden.
Increase your institution’s accuracy and reduce potential liability by learning the latest on the issues that beset HMDA reporters, including the top 10 challenges.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Submit the 2021 HMDA data with added confidence and improved data integrity
- Effectively use the HMDA resources in the CFPB’s 2021 Filing Instructions Guide
- Unravel confusing issues, such as what is and isn’t a dwelling, mixed-use property scenarios, and complex demographic information collection
- Explain how to handle several types of quality edits
- Understand clarifications for complicated data points
HMDA reporting continues to be a challenge for many financial institutions and potentially expensive for some. One of the 10 largest HMDA lenders was fined $1.75 million for multiple years of inaccurate reporting. Join this fast-paced webinar to learn the top 10 issues that challenge HMDA reporters, receive valuable tools, and prepare to submit your 2021 HMDA data before March 1, 2022. The presentation will include citations, tips, real-life examples, and these top-five issues that can cause reporting errors:
- Secondary market reporting rules
- Dwelling definitions and mixed-use property scenarios
- Demographic information collection dos and don’ts
- Reporting tips for applications made in the commercial loan area
- Data integrity challenges and submission and resubmission steps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who contribute to or manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
- HMDA worksheets and flowchart for 2021 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- Lists of data fields for each data point
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and tips to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources including checklists for submission and fair lending
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC