Job-Specific BSA Training for Lenders
StreamedSep 14, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Lenders play a crucial role under the Bank Secrecy Act.
They must be alert to attempts at money laundering, identify theft, loan fraud, and more – some of which require filing a SAR. Take this opportunity to learn more about the BSA implications for lenders and their responsibilities.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the potential for money laundering in the lending area
- Use the tools provided to detect suspicious activity
- Develop risk profiles for consumer and business loan applicants
- Explain the beneficial ownership requirements to legal entity customers
- Ask appropriate due diligence questions during the loan application process
During exams, BSA examiners have been digging deeper and have begun to ask more questions about the lending function. Could an examiner find loan fraud that has gone undetected by your due diligence process? Is there a system for identifying false statements and attempts at identity theft on loan applications? Do lenders know that these activities may require filing a suspicious activity report? Is the process for documenting beneficial ownership effective? This program will address five important reasons that BSA training must be provided for lenders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations staff, BSA officers, BSA staff, branch personnel, risk managers, compliance officers, and audit staff.
- Customer due diligence checklists under the beneficial ownership rules
- Template to develop and update a risk profile
- Examples of suspicious activity in the lending area
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC