BSA: Russian Sanctions & National Risk Assessments
StreamedJun 13, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Is Russia at your front door?
The Treasury’s recent publication of National Risk Assessments plus FinCEN’s alerts regarding the Ukraine crisis all impact your BSA and OFAC procedures. Attend this webinar to ensure you’re up to date and in compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Update your BSA risk assessment to account for the U.S.’s new priorities
- Understand the two alerts sent by FinCEN and how they affect the priorities
- File a SAR when needed on Russian oligarchs and companies
- Block and reject transactions when required
- Update your OFAC and BSA procedures
In March 2022, the U.S. Department of the Treasury published National Risk Assessments (NRAs) on Money Laundering (NMLRA), Terrorist Financing (NTFRA), and Proliferation Financing (NPFRA). These NRAs highlight the most significant illicit finance threats, vulnerabilities, and risks facing the United States. They take into account changes to the risk environment resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, ransomware, domestic violent extremism, corruption, the increased digitization of payments and financial services, and the enactment of significant new requirements to the U.S. anti-money laundering/countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) framework.
Also, FinCEN issued two alerts this spring regarding BSA response to the Ukraine crisis. This webinar will provide a good update on the new NRAs and how the Ukraine situation highlights some of the risk assessment issues. You can use this session to update your BSA and OFAC programs for the current risk and understand how it all applies to Russia.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, BSA staff, OFAC officers, compliance staff, risk management personnel, and operations staff.
- OFAC handbook of all sanctions
- Copy of the three National Risk Assessments
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah L. Crawford
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC