New ACH Rules Effective 9/30/22: Nested Third-Party Sender Roles & Risks
StreamedJul 27, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know a little or a lot about Nested Third-Party Senders?
As of September 30, 2022, the ACH Rules will further define these relationships. Don’t miss this opportunity to get up to speed on the evolving rules before the effective date.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
- Describe the role third parties play in ACH processing and the added risk to originators and ODFIs
- Distinguish a Third-Party Sender from a Nested Third-Party Sender
- Explain the ACH Rules compliance obligations of a Third-Party Sender
- Given a real-life origination scenario, identify a Third-Party Sender and Nested Third-Party Sender
Third-Party Senders have been a part of ACH origination processing since the late 1980s. While these relationships are not new, over the last few years the payments industry has recently taken efforts to better define their unique role in the network. Effective September 30, 2022, new ACH Rules will further define the roles and responsibilities of Third-Party Senders, including the role of Nested Third-Party Sender relationships. This session will break down the changes to illuminate the chain of agreements and compliance responsibilities for ODFIs, Third-Party Senders, and Nested Third-Party Senders. After attending, you will be able to identify a Third-Party Sender and a Nested Third-Party Sender, explain their role and responsibilities under the ACH Rules, and apply your knowledge to real-life origination scenarios.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for financial institutions offering ACH origination services, ACH operations staff, compliance staff, and audit personnel.
- Resource links for identifying a Third-Party Sender and sound business practices for ODFIs with Third-Party Sender relationships
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC