Nonresident Alien Accounts: Opening, Managing, CIP, CDD & Records
November 29, 2022
DateNov 29, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you need all the help you can get with NRA accounts?
This webinar will cover all the rules and “how tos” to keep you in compliance, but it will also provide a take-away toolkit bursting with samples, guides, and information to make the process easier. Don’t miss it!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between resident aliens and nonresident aliens
- Be familiar with identification documentation you may see at account opening
- Compare and understand different types of tax identification numbers
- Accurately complete the W-8BEN in a timely manner
- Conduct appropriate enhanced due diligence
- Incorporate processes into your BSA procedures
- Correctly report NRA transactions to the IRS
Opening and managing accounts for nonresident aliens (NRAs) can be overwhelming. What kind of identification should you request? What if the individual doesn’t have a Social Security number? What initial and ongoing due diligence procedures should be incorporated into your process? Can you open a loan? How is year-end interest reported?
This jam-packed session will demonstrate how to effectively identify nonresident aliens, conduct enhanced due diligence at account opening, and appropriately monitor these high-risk relationships. You will gain important insight into proper tax reporting of NRA accounts. Tips, tools, and sample language will be provided that you can use to update your policies and procedures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new account representatives, branch managers, loan officers, compliance officers, BSA officers, and staff responsible for preparing consumer tax documentation.
- Reference tool illustrating the difference between resident and nonresident aliens
- Sample NRA language for your BSA/AML risk assessment
- Account opening and due diligence documentation
- IRS reporting reference guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC