Supervisory Committees in Action: Duties, Challenges & Compliance
StreamedJun 13, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
During these unprecedented times, is your supervisory committee fully functional and adequately safeguarding member assets?
Learn the characteristics of a healthy committee and how to meet today’s challenges and regulatory obligations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Appreciate the regulatory responsibilities of the supervisory committee
- Understand NCUA’s 2022 supervisory priorities
- Access supervisory committee examination guidance
- Identify and avoid common supervisory committee landmines
- Describe five traits of an outstanding supervisory committee
The supervisory committee (SC) plays a unique role as the “watchdog” for credit union members. But the financial services world is getting more complex every day and new challenges are waiting around every corner. From balance sheet pressures to increased cybersecurity threats, your risk profile is constantly changing. The SC is specifically tasked with confirming the credit union is safeguarding member assets, complying with applicable rules and regulations, and resolving member complaints.
Your members rely on your training, experience, and keen eye to protect their interests. But what happens when something goes wrong? Is your committee structured to stay ahead of an approaching storm? Join Supervisory Committee member and veteran credit union attorney David Reed as he explores the traits of healthy committees, today’s biggest challenges, and how to ensure full compliance with regulatory obligations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for supervisory committee members, directors, volunteers, senior executives, compliance staff, internal auditors, and anyone involved with volunteers or credit union governance.
- Supervisory committee examination questionnaire (for guidance only)
- SC audit guidance and best practices worksheet
- NCUA Supervisory Committee Guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Great presenter one of the best. Covered so much in a very efficient manner."
-Noel, Dutch Point Credit Union
"Very clearly stated."
-Linda, UARK Federal Credit Union
"This training was very informative and improved my knowledge of the power and authority of a supervisory committee. The presenter was very knowledgeable and answered many questions I had."
- Oachia, Kankakee Federation of Teachers Credit Union
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC