Account Documentation Series:
Compliance & Due Diligence at Account Opening
Thursday, January 12, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
From identifying accountholders to providing proper disclosures, the process of opening accounts is riddled with regulatory requirements. This webinar will address the requirements in-depth, including identifying parties to the account for both BSA and identity theft purposes; ensuring you have enough information to determine the normal and expected account activity; providing proper disclosures for Truth in Savings, Regulation CC (check holds), Regulation D (limitations on transactions), Regulation E (debit/ATM cards, home banking, bill payer, etc.); and contractual items, such as remote deposit capture and business accounts. Knowing the rules and timing requirements and why they must be followed will make your account-opening process run smoothly plus minimize liability and risk.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What are the requirements for providing disclosures electronically?
- Which disclosures need to be provided and when?
- How can the institution protect itself from potential issues when depositors misuse their accounts?
- Who should be identified during CIP?
- When should there be an OFAC check?
- Should business accounts be treated differently at account opening?
- Why are we required to know about prospective activity and watch for identity theft?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample checklists for business accounts
- List of required disclosures, notices, and timing requirements
- Outline of regulatory requirements and internet links/citations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to frontline employees, new accounts staff, auditors, and compliance officers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.