ADA Website Compliance Requirements & Common Errors
Monday, January 9, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) website regulations is not something you can afford to postpone. Several states are experiencing lawsuits. Your website serves as your 24/7 branch and just like your brick-and-mortar locations, it should provide equal access and opportunities to all. Even though the Department of Justice is not expected to publish formal rules until 2018, they have confirmed that the ADA requires public websites to be accessible now. This session will review guidelines and best practices to prepare a plan to update your website to meet the required accessibility standards.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Online barriers for people with disabilities
- Solutions to common website accessibility problems
- Detailed review of recognized website accessibility guidelines
- How ADA requirements affect mobile banking
- Action plan to prepare for the necessary updates
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- ADA website compliance checklist
- ADA website compliance action plan
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, IT officers, marketing personnel, and staff responsible for website development and maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.