Avoiding Employee Job Misclassification Issues: Getting It Right!
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Recent legislation has put employment-misclassification issues at the forefront of the Department of Labor. Enforcement is at an all-time high, and properly classifying employees as non-exempt or exempt can be tricky. The application of key factors for each exemption (e.g., executive, administration, professional, computer, or highly compensated) is difficult and requires careful attention to the actual functions performed. In addition, financial institutions must carefully review the regulations, apply the exemptions to typical positions, and discover how to reclassify or change compensation for affected positions with minimal risk. Designed for HR professionals, this session will specifically address common misclassification issues within financial institutions.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review exemptions
- Fair Labor Standards Act regulations
- Applying the regulations to typical employee positions
- Job descriptions that accurately reflect duties
- How to make classification changes with minimal risk to the institution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Exemption checklist
- Sample job descriptions for commonly misclassified credit union positions
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is specifically designed for human resources professionals.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.