Whether you are a brand new credit union employee or have been there for some time, this session will provide valuable information regarding the key ins and outs of your credit union. Attending this webinar will make you a more well-rounded employee, because you will better understand the industry and gain increased working knowledge of the entire credit union – not just your area. Join us to learn more about a credit union’s internal workings and see how all departments are interrelated.
Recorded Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- Short primer on how financial institutions came to be, how the financial sector works, and how credit unions fit into the big picture
- Supervision and regulation: Why do we have examiners? What kind of exams do credit unions go through?
- What is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and how does it affect credit unions?
- What are the differences between credit unions and banks?
- Key responsibilities of deposit operations – front- and back-of-house.
- The lending process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample cheat sheet on the regulations that affect credit unions
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 2 ALSO AVAILABLE!"Credit Union Basics for New Employees Part 2: Regulatory Issues, Exams, Audits"
Recorded on Wednesday, June 24, 2015
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to new employees, but will also help all employees in your credit union to learn more about the industry as a whole, including credit-union-specific issues.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.