Monday, December 11, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
HMDA reporters must follow the new rules for covered loan applications when final action is taken on or after January 1, 2018. While the focus of the changes has been on mortgages, there are significant changes for other types of applications. The dwelling-secured standard was generally adopted for closed-end loans and lines of credit for consumers. Under the new rules, HELOC reporting is required, within threshold limits. It’s imperative to know what information must be collected during a HELOC application.
Business or commercial loans have both the loan-purpose test and the dwelling-secured test. How will data be collected? What type of business-purpose loans will be reported? What factors are considered in the purpose test? What if the collateral is a mixed-use property? Will the current consumer application forms for HELOCs and the documentation for commercial loan applications provide data for the new reporting requirements? This must-attend webinar will address these key questions and much more!
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- New CFPB HMDA implementation tool and data reference chart, released October 16, 2017
- Tips to use the HMDA Loan Scenarios tool from the CFPB for HELOC and multi-family applications
- Which consumer applications are covered loans that require data collection at the time of application?
- What is the correct application date?
- Identify the correct loan purpose – there are five options and rules for multi-purpose loans
- How to properly request and record demographic information and the process for applicants to "self-identify" under subcategories for ethnicity and certain race categories
- Reg B changes announced on September 20, 2017
- Which commercial applications are covered loans that require data collection at the time of application? What types of dwellings are included?
- What data will be reported or excluded for commercial applications?
- Potential problem areas for both HELOCs and covered commercial loan applications
- Best practices for documenting that applications for agricultural purpose are exempt
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA key dates timeline and coverage charts
- Analysis of the August 25, 2017, final rule for line-of-credit thresholds and other clarifications
- Sample commercial loan application for a multi-family investment property outlining data mapping for the potential 110 data fields and the "pipe delimited file format" for each field
- HMDA fact sheet summarizing the key changes and implementation tips
- Road map tool to monitor implementation success
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINARS STILL AVAILABLE!"HMDA-LAR Changes Part 1:
Procedures & Tools for Capturing the New Data Fields, Effective January 1, 2018"
Monday, November 13, 2017
|"HMDA-LAR Changes Part 2:
Completing New Fields with No Predefined Codes, Effective January 1, 2018"
Monday, December 4, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer lenders who assist applicants with HELOC applications, commercial lenders, loan assistants and processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, IT staff, and anyone who needs to understand the 2018 HMDA rules.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.