Developing an Effective Process for Change Control: Shared Responsibilities, Implementation & Monitoring
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regardless of your title, we are all “change managers” within our financial institutions. Change management, implemented through a formal change control process, is as much about people as the subject matter itself. There is no right or wrong way to manage change processes within your institution. However, the absence of an established framework for change management can lead to unintended negative legal, regulatory, and reputational consequences.
According to the CFPB, “To maintain legal compliance, a supervised entity must develop and maintain a sound compliance management system that is integrated into the overall framework for product [and service] design, delivery, and administration – that is, the entire product and service lifecycle.” This webinar is for all employees who want to understand change management methodology, how this methodology ties into sound internal control implementation and sustained monitoring, and how such methodology is a highly critical process leading to success.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Targeted review of the “Risk Mitigation and Control Implementation/Change Management” section of the FFIEC Operations IT Examination Handbook
- High-level overview of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission’s (COSO) Internal Control — Integrated Framework, principles and Executive Summary
- Federal Reserve’s seven stages of the product life cycle (a resource-based analysis)
- Define and address the numerous types (and models) of change management: regulatory compliance, HR, system access, policy, vendor, etc.
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- “Compliance Management Review” (CMR 1-13) section of the CFPB Supervision and Examination Manual
- COSO’s Internal Control – Integrated Framework, including Executive Summary
- Federal Reserve’s Second Quarter 2015 Consumer Compliance Outlook publication Managing Risk Throughout the Product Life Cycle
- Change management procedure template
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for staff involved in any aspect of change management, including lines-of-business, compliance, risk, audit, legal, information security/technology, board members, and audit committee members.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.