IRA & HSA Review & Update, Including New Fiduciary Rule Implications
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
After a couple of fairly quiet years, new Department of Labor (DOL) regulations are now affecting IRA, HSA, and ESA accounts. There is also new IRA guidance from the IRS and extensive proposed HSA legislation.
As a new year begins, it is important to know and understand the regulatory changes and important issues that have a direct impact on IRA and HSA programs and accountholders. This webinar will explain the dramatic impact the new DOL fiduciary regulations will have on many retail IRA and HSA programs. Staff who deal directly with IRA and HSA accountholders and those with managerial/decision-making responsibilities will learn the implications and critical considerations regarding the fast-approaching new IRA and HSA fiduciary rules starting April 10, 2017.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Implications of the DOL’s fiduciary regulations on IRA and HSA programs
- New 60-day IRA rollover guidance, including 11 reasons for an automatic extension of the 60-day IRA rollover rule
- New rollover rule that increases portability between Traditional IRAs, employer plans, and SIMPLE IRAs
- Far-reaching effects of proposed HSA legislation
- The "final" word and many misconceptions regarding IRA qualified charitable distributions
- 2016 and 2017 IRA and HSA contribution limitations
- Status of extensive new IRA regulations which the IRS has indicated are coming "soon"
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Traditional & Roth IRA Plan Establishment & Required Amendments"
on Tuesday, June 13, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This important program will provide staff who have direct member contact, operational, compliance, or decision-making authority with the information needed to make informed decisions about IRAs and HSAs. The session will also provide timely and important information for anyone who holds insurance or securities licenses.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.