9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This can’t-miss session about traditional and Roth IRA reporting responsibilities will be presented in easy-to-understand terms to ensure your financial institution is up-to-date on reporting and compliance issues. It will address traditional and Roth IRA governmental reporting requirements, participant notices, and statement requirements. From 1099-R and 5498 reporting, to RMD and beneficiary distribution reporting, this session will cover a lot of ground! Learn about common reporting mistakes and correction methods to meet your compliance responsibilities.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Review of IRS Forms 1099-R and 5498, reporting requirements, and deadlines
- Will include any late-breaking reporting changes
- Required IRA statements and notices, including account statements, fair market value statements, and RMD statements and notice requirements
- Reporting and notice requirements for beneficiaries
- How to correct IRA excess contributions
- Reporting and notice deadlines and potential penalties for missing them
- How to handle reporting mistakes and properly make corrections
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide important practical information to individuals who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities and those who deal face-to-face with IRA owners. It will also provide managers with a solid understanding and appreciation of traditional and Roth IRA reporting, statement, and notice requirements and increase awareness of the responsibilities and choices you have as an IRA trustee or custodian.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.