Wednesday, January 10, 2018
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar will focus on the fundamentals of underwriting credit: the essentials of gathering the right information, analyzing it in an informative, consistent manner, and understanding the impact of fair lending rules. It will also explain why certain aspects of underwriting are done the way they are. The program will focus primarily on underwriting consumer and residential mortgage loans, although it will also address how underwriting fundamentals apply to commercial lending. Join us to learn the basics of calculating debt-to-income ratios using tax returns, pay stubs, and credit reports.
Note: This program will not include a line-by-line discussion of tax return analysis. See related webinars below.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Primary questions underwriting should address
- Information to gather for various loan requests and how it can be used in underwriting
- Reg B dos and don’ts when requesting and analyzing financial information
- Calculating a borrower’s monthly income consistently and accurately, considering several common sources of income
- Tips on assessing a borrower’s monthly obligations, including options for how to treat credit card debt, deferred debt, and debt that is maturing
- Importance of documenting your underwriting analysis, and how to do it effectively
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Written manual discussing the material covered in the presentation
- List of questions to ask yourself when underwriting (designed as a tool for learning and applying the fundamentals)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Understanding Personal Tax Returns Part 1: Schedules A, B, C & D"
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
"Understanding Personal Tax Returns Part 2: Schedules E & F"
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will provide new lenders and underwriters with the fundamental principles of loan underwriting. Experienced lenders that are transitioning into performing or overseeing underwriting analysis will also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.