Credit unions have routinely handled member inquiries and complaints with limited resolution requirements and mainly as a service priority. The regulatory environment for handling consumer complaints has changed significantly with:
- New consumer protection laws
- A new federal agency (CFPB) devoted to consumer financial protection
- A strong mandate to NCUA to separate consumer protection from safety and soundness
- Online complaint portals and comprehensive complaint database tracking
In this new "consumer complaint" environment, credit unions are faced with increased regulatory pressure to develop and implement dynamic member complaint response programs and policies. This webinar will address the regulatory forces and requirements for complaint resolution response programs and the framework for a member response program.
Recorded Thursday, January 29, 2015
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Regulatory requirements for handling member inquiries and complaints
- Understanding the broad universe of complaints and resolution channels
- Organizing an enterprise wide member complaint and response program
- Elements of a comprehensive member response policy
- Pitfalls and best practices for handling member complaints
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- CFPB and NCUA resource guide for consumer/member complaints
- Member response program checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for senior management, operations, internal auditors, and compliance officers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.