9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Examiners are focusing on fair lending, discrimination, and Regulation B during heightened audits of adverse action notices. All three perspectives will be addressed, including technical requirements, completion issues, fair lending implications, and examiner hot spots in adverse action compliance. Join us to learn how to conduct a comparative file review of your adverse action notices to ensure no fair lending problems exist. Participants will receive a tool for the second review of adverse action notices for both fair lending and Reg B compliance standards, plus a cheat sheet to ensure lending staff use the proper denial reasons under different scenarios.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Inquiry versus application
- When an inquiry becomes an application
- Identification and documentation of when you actually have an application is key
- Requirements for incomplete or withdrawn applications
- Handling counteroffers
- Common errors in completing adverse action notices
- Second reviews of adverse action notices for fair lending purposes
- Comparative file review for fair lending on denials
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet explaining what each denial reason on the notice means and which ones to use in different scenarios
- Second review checklist of adverse action notices
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is necessary for all loan officers, loan processors responsible for denials and/or second review, compliance officers, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.