10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Catching a member’s eye and retaining their attention with your credit union’s latest offer is difficult enough. Now, add the complex, detailed, regulatory requirements related to promoting special offers, bonuses, and sweepstakes – plus the always-present UDAAP risks. As regulators continue to focus closely on specific offers and messages to members, credit unions must ensure their advertisements and promotions meet regulatory requirements and clearly explain the steps members must take to qualify for the offer.
This webinar is designed to provide marketing, compliance, and audit teams with the ability to analyze and assess compliance risks related to marketing campaigns. By understanding the risk in advance, you can ensure the disclosures are upfront, clear, and transparent.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Specific requirements for introductory or promotional rate offers for open-end credit products
- Additional Truth in Savings disclosure requirements for bonuses
- Analysis of gambling restrictions and the impact on sweepstakes offers
- Best practices for institution-run contests
- Compliance and legal risks related to UDAAP
- Tips on using the “one-click rule” to advertise on websites and in social media
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Article outlining advertising review tips
- List of 10 common compliance mistakes in advertising, with regulatory citations
- Checklists for introductory or promotional rate offers (lines of credit, HELOCs, and credit cards)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to marketing, compliance, and audit teams. Ideally, a cross-section of these teams should review the material together to ensure they are on the same page with planned promotions.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.