9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It is essential that notaries understand their duties and responsibilities. Individuals assume personal liability when serving as a notary, but their employer can also be held liable. In the financial services industry, notaries are required for many transactions. However, there are times when notaries feel uncomfortable with their role and/or the transaction. This program will teach notaries how to understand and correctly execute their duties and responsibilities, with a focus on important financial industry issues and best practices.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Duties and responsibilities of a notary
- Most common errors made by a notary
- A notary’s personal liability
- Potential liability of the financial institution as the notary’s employer and how to avoid it
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of notary requirements for every state
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit notaries, managers, compliance personnel, auditors, and attorneys.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.