Risk Management Series:
Developing an Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. They manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk to effectively pursue their strategic goals – no more, no less. This is called “optimal risk-taking.” This webinar will go through a step-by-step process to develop risk assessments to address key areas of your institution. Learn how to develop an enterprise-wide process to conduct risk assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy-to-understand way. You will receive useful tools and examples that can be implemented immediately.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview and key components of enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Three key areas of ERM and how risk assessments fit in
- The risk assessment process
- Identifying and assessing risks enterprise-wide
- Risk assessment system’s (RAS) relationship to CAMELS rating
- Top eight risks and others
- How to conduct an ERM risk assessment using a matrix – the core of risk assessments
- Various types of risk assessments, based on the area of risk and what they contain
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- ERM risk assessment template in Excel
- IT risk assessment template in Excel
- Categories included in an IT risk assessment
- Categories included in an internal controls risk assessment
- Useful web resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for risk managers, chief risk officers, compliance officers, chief operating officers, chief credit officers, and the entire risk management team.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.