Step-by-Step SAR Completion: Dos & Don’ts
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Last year over 958,000 suspicious activity reports (SARs) were filed by financial institutions! Your institution is required by FinCEN to file SARs that are complete, thorough, and timely. But in a form with 98 fields and an open narrative, getting it right can be overwhelming. This session will review how to properly complete a SAR and make it an effective vehicle for delivering information to law enforcement. It will address how to write a quality SAR narrative and detail procedures and best practices for determining when to file, how to complete the form, and what to do after filing. Don’t miss this jam-packed session!
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The escalation process expected by the examiners in identifying, investigating, and reporting suspicious activity
- Review of the field-by-field requirements
- Writing an effective SAR narrative
- Proper SAR completion for hot button areas: elder abuse, cyber fraud, and human trafficking
- Procedures for SAR filing on continuing activity
- Best practices for board reporting
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- SAR completion procedures
- Frequently asked questions on suspicious activity reports
- Suspicious incident report
- Red flags for training of your staff
- Sample language for SAR escalation procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"Creating an Effective Suspicious Activity Program: Efficiency, Examinations & Fraud"
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This seminar is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, security officers, and anyone responsible for managing your BSA/AML program.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.