TILA Rules for Non-Mortgage & Non-Credit Card Lending
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The Truth in Lending Act (TILA) requirements have been in a constant state of change since before the Dodd-Frank Act. Recent years have seen drastic changes in mortgage (TRID changes) and credit card compliance obligations (Credit CARD Act). Those changes add confusion to consumer lenders’ day-to-day operations. For example, questions often arise whether TILA changes impact the lender’s personal loans (closed-end or lines of credit), overdraft lines of credit, and vehicle loans, or otherwise require a procedure change.
This webinar session will review and analyze the TILA requirements for non-mortgage and non-credit card lending. Disclosure requirements – including change-in-terms for open-end credit – will be analyzed. Advertising requirements for both open-end and closed-end loans will also be covered. With all the TILA changes in other areas, this training session will go back to the basics to address the TILA and Regulation Z requirements for consumer loans.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- TILA disclosure obligations for both open-end and closed-end consumer loans
- Change-in-terms requirements for open-end lines of credit
- Billing error disclosure obligations (initial, annual, and alternative options will be discussed)
- Requirements for handling payments and credit balances
- Trigger terms and additional disclosure requirements for consumer loan advertisements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Model language for billing error disclosures
- Advertising checklist for promotional rate offers for lines of credit
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer lenders as well as operations, compliance, and audit personnel.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.