Whether you are the head of lending, technology, or operations, you need to fully understand the bigger picture of the credit union. This session will help you fully comprehend the critical financial information. You will learn that although the balance sheet and the income statement are useful, they are just the raw materials. The real value lies in key ratios and the trends in those ratios. After this webinar, you will know how to take information from the financial statements, calculate the formulas, and develop an essential dashboard of key ratios. More importantly, you will know what they mean, what changes in those ratios indicate, and how to use them strategically and tactically as your credit union moves forward.
Recorded Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Capital: what it is, where it comes from, why it's important, and how much you need
- ROA tools – using spread analysis to analyze problems or recognize strengths
- Understanding and using the efficiency ratio
- Why it's better than the operating expense to income ratio
- How to make sense of trends in key ratios
- Fathoming the allowance for loan losses
- Monitoring asset quality with more timely tools than delinquency and charge-offs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- A financial dashboard for board and management
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for branch managers, department heads, supervisors, vice presidents, and anyone who wants to improve their financial skills. It is also recommended for CEOs and managers looking for new ways to understand their financials or teach financial information to staff. Supervisory Committee and board members will also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.