Understanding the Board’s Role in Cyber Security Risk
Cyber security has received a lot of recent media attention. Gone are the days when embezzlements, robberies, or forgery were the only security concerns. Our institutions operate in a rapidly changing environment where technology is an essential element of operations as consumers demand more remote services. From Internet and mobile banking, to online bill paying, to a variety of other technology-related services, the financial services industry has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. Do you know how a data security event will impact your institution? Is your data safe and secure? Everyone from the newest teller to the board chair needs to understand the basics of cyber security and how to integrate an effective data security program. Data security is a definite risk to financial institutions and recent litigation trends make it apparent that the board of directors has a clear responsibility to ensure the security of the information entrusted to their institutions. Join us to learn more about the responsibilities for all stakeholders with a special emphasis on the board’s role in data security.
Recorded Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Examiner expectations for an effective cyber security strategy
- How to enhance current information security standards with cyber resilience objectives
- Steps to develop a dynamic methodology for improving stakeholder accountability for cyber security
- How to effectively utilize cyber intelligence sharing
- Incorporating procedures to enhance business and IT strategies for cyber security efficiency
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cyber security checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior management, board members, IT and operations management, and information security officers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.