9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Last year the CTR received an overhaul with new fields and new formatting. This year the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) is receiving an extreme makeover, which rolls out in June 2018. It will include updated data fields, new fields to record up to 99 cyber events, new text fields, and new product types. There will also be new subtype selections for the most commonly reported suspicious activities, including structuring and fraud. In addition, batch filers will need to work with their software providers to prepare for the filing format changes.
This must-attend session will detail filing format changes, how to complete the new and updated data fields, the necessary policy and procedure changes to incorporate the new form and filing process, and tips on writing cyber security event narratives. It will also provide examples of each new subtype selection associated with suspicious activity types. This jam-packed session will ensure you are prepared for the new SAR.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Differences between the current form and the new fields
- Field-by-field requirements
- New filing format and how to ensure preparedness
- Writing an effective SAR narrative for cyber security events
- Proper SAR completion for hot button areas, including elder abuse, human trafficking, and marijuana-related businesses
- Examiner expectations for SAR filing and documentation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample SAR procedures incorporating the new and updated fields
- SAR FAQs
- SAR review checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, security officers, and anyone responsible for managing the BSA/AML program.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.