Tuesday, March 21, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Electronic banking continues to evolve, and financial institutions must work hard to keep pace with technology, regulatory requirements, and cyber security challenges. Recent surveys indicate that 51% of U.S. adults use an online banking application. This fast-paced session will cover the required disclosures for opening deposit accounts, E-SIGN compliance, due diligence for CIP under the Bank Secrecy Act, and best practices for opening deposit accounts online. This session will include a review of the six-step process for consumer consent and common challenges with deposit account opening procedures.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Which deposit regulations are related to E-SIGN and have specific compliance provisions?
- Common questions for E-SIGN
- Six-step consumer consent process
- Availability of paper delivery or paper copies
- Consent choices
- Consumer actions
- Hardware and software requirements
- Affirmative consent
- After-consent disclosure
- Basic steps for E-SIGN implementation
- Getting started and CIP due diligence
- Identify pain points
- Vendor selection considerations
- Assessing the risk – current expectations from the FFIEC for cyber security risk assessment
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Current exam procedures and resources for online banking
- E-SIGN checklist and answers to common questions
- Social media policy template
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will address e-banking compliance and will benefit compliance officers, risk managers, operations managers, business development managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.