Collection Law Essentials: Legalities, Landmines & More
Thursday, February 23, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The job of today's collector is far more complicated than just phoning delinquent borrowers. The interrelated fabric of rules, regulations, and best practices require mastering many different skills. A basic understanding of the relevant rules and regulations is an essential building block to becoming a solid collection professional. Current technology allows us to use the latest contact methodologies and leverage amazing resources to collect from borrowers – but may also lead unwary collectors into dangerous territory.
This session will focus on the primary regulatory and legal requirements surrounding collecting delinquent accounts. From the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to the Fair Credit Reporting Act to the Uniform Commercial Code to Fair Lending, you must understand the rules of the evolving collections landscape. In addition, this webinar will teach you about the many landmines in the collection process and how they impact operations, vendors, and borrowers. Join us to learn immediate action steps that will ensure your institution is prepared for increasing regulatory scrutiny.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Compliance risk in collections
- Analysis of significant collection-related laws, rules, and regulations
- Common collection landmines
- Basic compliance audit considerations for collections
- Lessons learned from recent class action lawsuits and enforcement actions
- Best practices to avoid costly compliance violations while maintaining recoveries
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of collections hot spots
- Resource guide for collections compliance
- Survey of collections litigation and lessons learned
- Basic collections audit and quality assurance program requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
RELATED WEBINAR STILL AVAILABLE!
|"20 Common Collection Pitfalls"
on Wednesday, March 29, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed to be an overview for staff that are new to the collection process, but will also benefit collection managers, compliance officers, executives, internal auditors, lending personnel, vendor oversight staff, and anyone involved with collections and compliance.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.