Emerging Need & Regulatory Expectations for Enterprise Risk Management Framework
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
10:00 am - 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Neither regulation nor supervisory expectations require natural-person credit unions to implement an enterprise risk management (ERM) program. However, “NCUA views the absence of an adequate risk management framework (ERM or otherwise) consistent with an institution’s size, diversity, and depth of risk exposures as a failure in sound corporate governance, and expects examiners to take appropriate action consistent with the severity of the deficiency.” This webinar is intended for those seeking to understand ERM methodology, how this methodology ties into strategic planning, and NCUA’s emphasis on sound credit union risk mitigation strategies.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Compare NCUA’s recommended ERM framework with the Federal Reserve’s seven stages of the product life cycle (a resource-based analysis)
- High-level overview of the Internal Control-Integrated Framework as identified by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Importance of aligning risk management with strategy
- Correlation between enterprise risk management and compliance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- NCUA Supervisory Letter No.: 13-12 on Enterprise Risk Management
- COSO Executive Summary and Internal Control-Integrated Framework principles
- Federal Reserve’s Second Quarter 2015 Consumer Compliance Outlook publication Managing Risk Throughout the Product Life Cycle
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for staff involved in all aspects of risk management, including compliance, risk, audit, and legal, as well as board and audit/supervisory committee members.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.