Everything You Need to Know About Regulation CC: Holds, Funds Availability, Compliance & More
Monday, February 27, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Regulation CC can seem straightforward, but examiners are still finding weaknesses and violations. This webinar will describe the requirements for applying check holds, explain an easy-to-implement monitoring process, dissect the required funds availability policy, and cover substitute check requirements. Reg CC holds are an important tool to protect assets. Learn how to handle them with confidence! This fast-paced update will also ensure staff members comply with annual training requirements.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Components of the various notices required by Regulation CC
- Explanation of a case-by-case hold and the six exception holds
- Monitoring process to quickly evaluate the accuracy of a hold
- How to audit for Regulation CC, including your processing system
- Disclosure requirements for substitute checks
- General provisions governing substitute checks
- Training ideas for frontline staff
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Reg CC color-coded cheat sheet for determining the appropriate hold period
- Sample Regulation CC policy, including Check 21
- Monitoring checklist for quickly reviewing the accuracy of each hold
- Substitute check claim form
- Worksheets with sample transactions to test hold knowledge, complete with answer key
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new accounts personnel, deposit operations employees, auditors, and compliance officers.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.