Flood Compliance in Lending Part 1: Loan Origination
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The multitude of rule changes in recent years has created confusion about flood insurance compliance. In addition, failing to properly handle the numerous technical requirements can cause a breakdown in your process. This is a high-risk area for any lender – whether you have 6 or 60 loans on flood properties. Civil money penalties are assessed almost weekly and examiners’ citations aren’t slowing down. Mitigate your flood compliance risk by joining this webinar which will cover technical rules, disclosure requirements, initial escrow disclosure for flood insurance, loan origination compliance requirements, and FAQs outlined by the CFPB.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What loans are covered?
- Flood determinations: complete, accurate, and timely
- Notice for flood properties – timing is imperative
- How much flood insurance is enough?
- What is required for the initial escrow disclosure?
- Detached-structure rules
- FAQs regarding flood requirements during loan origination
- Agencies’ proposal on private flood insurance rules
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample flood procedures
- Worksheet to determine whether you have sufficient insurance coverage
- Audit checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
PART 2 STILL AVAILABLE!"Flood Compliance in Lending Part 2: Post Loan Closing"
on Wednesday, March 15, 2017
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders, loan processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.