Tuesday, August 29, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The majority of the loans in most credit union MBL portfolios are commercial-real-estate related. For the most part, these loans are relationships that generate relatively few cross-selling opportunities. In the last couple years, commercial banks have aggressively increased their CRE lending efforts, causing many CUs to renegotiate existing loans to lower interest rates in order to maintain the lending/member relationship.
Going forward, credit unions need to look for small-business financial-services relationships that are not just commoditized lending transactions. The mission will be to find the types of relationships that generate both credit and non-credit financial services opportunities. There is the potential to generate significant fee income if CUs can develop viable ways to provide non-credit financial services to their business members. This webinar will explain why creating a business plan to transition into a more holistic financial services provider will be essential to developing a more strategic focus for your MBS business line.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to profile small businesses
- Developing contact management programs that are anticipatory and designed to position the credit union as a problem-solving solutions provider
- Key elements of this planning and how to develop a proactive, consultative selling culture
- Fee-based services that could be offered to business members
- Importance of a properly organized member business services department
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for C-suite executives, MBS/MBL department staff, credit committee members, and board members.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.