Real Estate Series:
Appraisals & Evaluations for Consumer Real Estate Lending: Interagency Guidance, Regulator Issues & FAQs
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The real estate collateral valuation requirements for appraisers and financial institutions are complex. Regulators are serious about the adequacy of appraisal and evaluation procedures and want to ensure compliance with current regulations and guidance statements. Your staff needs a thorough understanding of the appraisal process and the appraisals received. This informative presentation will provide insights and address questions such as:
- Are you ordering the right valuation document?
- Does your evaluation document meet regulatory standards?
- When do you need a new appraisal?
- What are the collateral coverage requirements and what data should be captured on your core system?
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Regulatory expectations
- Common appraisal examination findings noted in community financial institutions
- Appraisal terms, definitions, and validation process
- Basic appraisal and evaluation requirements, including transactions that require appraisals, appraisal exemptions, the useful life of an appraisal, and evaluation standards
- Proper use and process for abundance of caution appraisal exemption and subsequent transactions
- Tax assessment value document
- FAQs about appraisals and appraisal requirements
- How are short-term renewals handled?
- What is required when taking additional collateral (second property pledged)?
- Can appraisals be used on the same property, but with a different client?
- What options are there for a refinance with new money?
- Primary elements of an appraisal program
- Collateral coverage data to capture on core system
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Real Estate Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Real Estate Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation will benefit all real estate lending personnel, including marketing and business development staff, lending officers, lending support staff, auditors, and loan reviewers.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.