Wednesday, April 5, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The CFPB adopted an overwhelming volume of changes to the mortgage servicing rules, effective October 19, 2017, and April 19, 2018. The most important changes relate to default and collection restrictions, successors in interest, mortgage foreclosures, and bankruptcy protections. This session will thoroughly explain the new changes to the mortgage servicing rules. It also will address early intervention, continuity of contact and loss mitigation procedures, and explain when small servicers are exempt.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Which changes become effective October 19, 2017, and April 19, 2018
- Timing restrictions on mortgage foreclosures
- When lenders must provide loss mitigation options to borrowers more than once during the life of a loan
- Expansion of the rules to cover a “successor in interest” including transfers caused by death, divorce, trust, or gift, and who qualifies as a “successor in interest”
- What notices aren’t deemed to violate the automatic stay in bankruptcy
- Applicability of the small servicer exemptions to the new changes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Model form of periodic statements for consumers in Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcies
- Model form of periodic statements for consumers in Chapter 12 or 13 bankruptcies
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all mortgage loan officers, credit personnel, loan operations staff, compliance personnel, collection staff, managers, auditors, and attorneys.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.