Real Estate Series:
Mortgage Loan Disclosure Timing Issues
Thursday, December 14, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The constant change to mortgage disclosures has resulted in numerous revisions to lenders’ procedures, including the timing of disclosures to applicants and borrowers. This program will review the timing requirements for various mortgage loan disclosures and analyze the required timeframes for providing HELOC and closed-end consumer mortgage transaction disclosures. Specific attention will be paid to the timing requirements for the Loan Estimate, Closing Disclosure, and other TRID-related disclosures, including the Written List of Providers. Lenders will learn when a revised Loan Estimate is required and when revised Loan Estimates can be issued to reset tolerance levels. Rescission notices, escrow closing notices, and mortgage servicing transfer notices will also be covered.
Examiners and auditors are focusing on mortgage loan disclosures and regularly cite lenders for compliance violations related to late or missing disclosures. Attendees will receive details on the various required mortgage loan disclosures and specific timeframes and will be able to use that information to perform audits and analysis of their disclosure procedures.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Timing requirements for Loan Estimates, revised Loan Estimates, and Closing Disclosures
- Timing requirements for HELOC application disclosures and account opening disclosures
- Restrictions on charging fees prior to an applicant's receipt of the Loan Estimate and provision of intent to proceed for TRID loans
- Requirements related to providing disclosures for electronically submitted applications
- Documentation requirements for intent to proceed, changed circumstances, and borrower receipt of required disclosures
- Waiting periods prior to consummation and TRID requirements for providing a corrected Closing Disclosure post-consummation
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of TRID definitions of "application" and the two definitions of "business day"
- Examiner procedures related to mortgage disclosure timing requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Don’t Miss the Other Real Estate Series Webinars!
|Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!|
|Click here to learn more about the Real Estate Series|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer lenders who originate HELOCs and closed-end mortgage transactions, mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide credit union webinars on compliance, lending, regulations, security, operations, new accounts, collections, fraud, security & other topics. For more information on credit union education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.