Thursday, November 9, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
As the financial industry becomes more centered around electronic services, errors can easily happen. Regulation E has clear requirements for error resolution. In addition, many services touch on Reg E for other reasons (opt-out for some services, additional disclosure requirements, etc.). This session is designed to assist compliance officers and auditors in conducting a thorough review of your institution’s policies, procedures, disclosures, and error resolution to ensure full compliance with all Reg E requirements. Sample checklists and an audit report format will be provided.
Special Note Regarding Prepaid Card Changes: Open-loop reloadable gift cards fall under the new requirements, effective April 1, 2018. This program will briefly address some pre-audit considerations, especially related to error resolution.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Types of transactions and services that are considered electronic that fall under Regulation E's requirements
- How to audit for issuance of access devices, initial and subsequent disclosures, overdraft programs, and more
- Special segment on auditing the most important area of Reg E – error resolution
- How audit procedures can mitigate accountholder and institution risk
- Prepaid cards – pre-audit work to ensure you are prepared for the April 1, 2018, changes, particularly regarding error resolution
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample audit request memo, checklists, and a sample audit report format
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, and anyone responsible for error-resolution requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Program content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.