9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Which regulations apply to commercial real estate loans? Are there exceptions when real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Can examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? This webinar will address these questions and more. Real-life examples will be used to explain how regulations apply to the commercial loan application process.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Overview of commercial loan compliance hot spots, including fair housing, Regulation B, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending
- High-level review of BSA requirements, including the new beneficial ownership rules for legal entity customers effective May 11, 2018
- How to determine whether the application is for business or consumer purposes
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Compliance requirements for Regulation B appraisal rules on loan applications secured by a first lien on 1-4 family dwellings (there is no “business-purpose” exception)
- Common commercial loan violations when real estate is taken as collateral
- Overview of HMDA requirements and review of the rules for business-purpose loans effective January 1, 2018. Some institutions may be eligible for partial exemptions from some data fields if they meet the lower threshold limits announced on August 31, 2018.
- Flood insurance challenges with commercial buildings and collateral, including new rules for “detached structure on residential property” with a commercial purpose
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real-estate-secured loans
- Guide outlining the regulations that apply to commercial credit and exemptions for certain rules
- Commercial loan application template
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Commercial Loan Annual Credit Review"
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.