UDAAP Challenges: Practices, Risk Mitigation, Regulator Expectations & Case Studies
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP) continues to be one of the hottest regulatory issues and can be one of the most challenging areas to manage. The challenge is twofold. First, practices that were once considered acceptable are now being cited as significant violations and are often accompanied with large, public fines. In addition, UDAAP seems to be a moving target as patterns in newly discovered violations are rarely consistent. The result is that many financial institutions have a problem and don’t even realize it. Therefore, it is imperative that every financial institution appropriately manage the risk of potential UDAAP violations.
This presentation is designed to assist financial institutions uncover and mitigate UDAAP risk. You will learn the differences between unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices. Examiner expectations will be addressed by reviewing the current UDAAP exam procedures and other relevant guidance. In addition, the session will provide an overview of complaint management and case studies of cited UDAAP violations – plus guidance on conducting an internal UDAAP review.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Understanding each UDAAP component (unfair, deceptive, and abusive)
- Discovering potential violations
- Regulatory expectations, including an overview of the exam procedures
- Complaint management and UDAAP
- Case studies with examples of cited violations
- Conducting a UDAAP review
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Comprehensive manual explaining topics covered in the presentation
- Step-by-step procedures for conducting your own UDAAP compliance review
- Checklist of known UDAAP violations to compare to your practices
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for those responsible for identifying and mitigating UDAAP risk, including compliance officers, auditors, chief risk officers, chief operating officers, and senior management.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.