9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Consumer debt collection remains a major source of complaints, lawsuits, and enforcement actions against financial institutions. There are numerous debt collection laws and regulations – and numerous opportunities for errors. Borrowers, their attorneys, and regulators are closely monitoring collection practices. Therefore, it’s important to understand and implement proper collection procedures to avoid liability. This webinar will explain the most common consumer collection mistakes and how to reduce your institution’s liability risk.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Common mistakes made by creditors in the collection process and how to correct them
- Collection activities that regulators will be “watching closely”
- Examples of how creditors have gone “too far” in the collection process
- Summary of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (noncompliance could lead to UDAAP violations)
- How to reduce liability risk
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- CFPB Bulletin Prohibition of Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices in the Collection of Consumer Debts
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit consumer loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration staff, collection personnel, compliance officers, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Successful Skip Tracing Techniques for Locating Borrowers & Recovering Collateral"
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Availability extended until December 31, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.