9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
In the first half of 2019, over 540,000 SARs were filed – with most filings going beyond reporting a “simple” structuring transaction. On July 16, 2019, FinCEN issued an advisory detailing their SAR-filing expectations regarding accountholders who are victim to email compromise. Just one day later, the CFPB issued guidance on reporting suspected elder abuse. The Agencies detailed the timing, field content, and narrative specifics examiners will expect to see in filings and procedures. Have you updated your procedures?
What about the mandatory filings for marijuana-related businesses, suspected human trafficking, and other fraud hot-button areas? Do you know how to properly complete a SAR for these hot spots? How can you maximize a SAR’s effectiveness as a vehicle for delivering information to law enforcement? Learn how to write an effective SAR narrative, procedures and best practices for determining when to file, how to complete a SAR, and what to do after filing. This jam-packed session will ensure your institution is ready to file the next SAR!
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Recent regulatory and Agency advisories and guidance and the impact on SAR filing processes and procedures
- Detailed field-by-field requirements for hot-button SAR filings
- Identifying the subject versus the victim
- Writing an effective SAR narrative with all required information detailed in recent advisories and guidance
- Examiner expectations for SAR filing regarding the risk-focused approach used for BSA/AML exams, which was reemphasized by the Agencies earlier this year
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample SAR completion procedures
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Sample SAR narrative checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit branch managers, BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and employees responsible for filing and reviewing suspicious activity reports.
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Complying with the 2019 SAR Cyber-Event Reporting Requirements"
Monday, June 24, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.