10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A process server arrives in your lobby and heads for the nearest employee. Does your staff know what to do? Who is authorized to accept service? What happens next? What privacy restrictions are involved? You should and could know the answers to these questions and more – just attend this interesting, lawyer-led webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use an Affidavit of Records Custodian instead of appearing in-person for a deposition or in court
- Explain the financial privacy restrictions imposed on your institution when responding to subpoenas and summonses
- Distinguish between a subpoena, summons, and other legal process
- Evaluate whether your institution is legally required to respond to the legal process
- Determine when your institution can charge copy costs and fees
Your institution probably receives at least one subpoena, summons, or other type of legal process each day. The risk is that your staff may not be trained on the proper way to accept service of process for your institution or on the proper way to respond to these legal documents. This could expose your institution to significant monetary damages and regulatory complaints. This webinar will explain these legal processes and the situations in which your institution may be served with these legal documents. Join us to learn the necessary steps to properly accept service of process and properly respond to these legal documents, including identifying the information that can and can’t be disclosed, determining when the accountholder must be notified, and testifying in court or substituting an Affidavit of Records Custodian.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit deposit operations personnel, tellers, account service representatives, collectors, compliance personnel, privacy officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Sample Affidavit of Records Custodian form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.