This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Risky business? Commercial loans can be perilous if there is uncertainty regarding who owns, guarantees, and is authorized or required to sign which documents. These technicalities also draw examiner scrutiny. Is your shop in good shape?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify parties to the loan and know who needs to sign what
- Understand loan agreement covenants and when to consider more than the boilerplate covenants
- Perfect a security interest and differentiate between different types of collateral (marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.)
- Review title insurance policies and be aware of certain endorsements and exceptions
- Explain subordination agreements, including when to get them, what is actually being subordinated, and when to ask for subordination of loans to shareholders
- Document commercial construction loans
- Understand compliance requirements and commercial lending hot spots
Commercial loans don’t always follow the “normal” pattern. Each one is unique. These loans carry the most risk, the most technical requirements, and therefore receive the most examiner scrutiny. This session will venture beyond the basics and explain the protections and safeguards to put in place when drafting a loan. It will review the documentation for a commercial loan, including collateral security documents; address underwriting best practices; and explain how to avoid hazards. This must-attend webinar is for commercial lenders seeking more advanced training in this area.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, loan operations staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.