9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Deposit operations staff must comply with dozens of rules and regulations to avoid regulatory scrutiny, fines, and penalties against your institution. This program will go beyond the basics and cover error resolution, excessive withdrawals, and hold requirements – areas that frequently appear in examiners’ consumer compliance reports. In addition, the recent beneficial ownership requirements and changes to the check collection process will be addressed. Deposit operations staff must also watch for internet gambling, monitor for fraud, and ensure deposit accounts are working as described in the disclosures. Attend this important session for a review of the regulations governing deposit operations.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Deposit interest rate change process and tips to ensure deposit compliance checks and balances
- Transactions that count towards the Reg D limits and what to do when excessive transactions occur
- Tips on incorporating Reg GG into your account-opening procedures
- Red flags of potential fraud for deposit operations staff
- Error resolution process – verbal notice through communicating investigation results to the accountholder
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Color-coded Reg CC hold chart with exception hold tips
- Deposit rate change request form
- Chart for Reg D transaction limitations
- Internet gambling certification
- Sample Reg E dispute form and log
- List of red flags
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations staff, including those involved with servicing, selling, auditing, or compliance.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.