9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Credit unions and the financial services industry have become incredibly complex. The board’s role in governing must evolve and keep pace. Should the board’s involvement be limited to the strategic level, or should they provide direct management input? At what point is it appropriate to delegate implementation of strategic initiatives to the CEO? This webinar will provide an overview of strategic board governance and examine best practices. Learn steps that board members can take to stay at the strategic level, while still providing required oversight and fiduciary duties.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Using feedback tools to maintain fiduciary oversight
- Evolutionary steps that lead to modern, strategic governance
- Basic steps that comprise strategic governance
- Governance spectrum from too strong to too weak and how to maintain balance
- Differentiate between governance policy and operational policy
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Board roles and responsibilities matrix
- Board meeting evaluation form
- Board-as-a-whole survey
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit board members, supervisory committee members, CEOs, and C-suite staff.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.