10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It could happen today – one of your depositors dies. Your institution must act appropriately and promptly to avoid liability. This webinar will thoroughly explain the proper steps your institution should follow when a depositor dies, including best practices used by other institutions. Join us to learn the legal requirements and practical issues when a depositor dies.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Can you pay checks after the death of the accountholder?
- Who can negotiate a check made payable to the deceased accountholder?
- Who is entitled to the account upon the death of the accountholder?
- Can the decedent’s accounts be setoff for debts owed to your institution?
- How should you deal with the estate or relatives of the deceased?
- When can Social Security funds be reclaimed from your institution?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample procedures for handling decedent accounts
- Guide to federal government ACH payment reclamations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Your Borrower Has Died: Actions to Take, Mistakes to Avoid"
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful to all deposit operations personnel, collectors, service representatives, compliance staff, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.