10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It’s been a challenging year for HMDA reporters. Complex new rules were effective January 1, 2018, followed by the CFPB’s procedural rule issued August 31, 2018. The new rule allows partial exemptions of selected HMDA data fields for small volume institutions. It is critical to understand the rules and be prepared to file an accurate submission of 2018 activity by the March 1, 2019, deadline.
This is Part 1 of a two-part series. Part 1 will focus on correctly identifying reportable loans, steps for data integrity, and tips for understanding the Filing Instructions Guide (FIG). Join us to learn more about data fields, data scrubbing, common mistakes, and reporting accuracy.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Reportable loan criteria: four steps to confirm that all reportable loan applications have been identified
- Understanding which applications are not reportable is equally important and will be covered
- Detailed steps for completing the data fields of the LAR (Loan Application Register)
- Challenges with new and revised data fields, including demographic information and many of the underwriting results
- Practical suggestions for “scrubbing” data
- Common reporting mistakes and practical tips for managing the process
- FIG overview – the 174-page guide explains the submission process and data and file specifications
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- HMDA worksheets and flow chart for 2018 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- List of data fields for each data point
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and how to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources, including submission checklists and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS PART 2!This program is the first of two in a series
"2018 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2019, Part 2:
Requirements, Clearing Edits, Exempt Fields & More"
Thursday, January 24, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.