10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The Secure Act has passed, with many provisions effective January 1, 2020. Join us for a lively discussion of current IRA and HSA issues, including review and analysis of comprehensive changes affecting IRA owners, trustees, and custodians.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comprehend the far-reaching effects of the Secure Act, including
- The new delayed age from age 70 ½ to age 72 for RMDs
- The ability to contribute to a traditional IRA at any age
- The requirement for more rapid payouts to nonspouse beneficiaries
- Review recent IRA reporting guidance, including
- How to report and apply the federal income tax withholding rules when escheating IRA assets
- Reporting and processing IRA-qualified charitable distributions
- Examine the responsibilities of handling and reporting self-certified late rollover contributions
- Distinguish 2019 and 2020 traditional IRA, Roth IRA, and HSA contribution limits
- Determine when married individuals may “double up” on age 55 HSA catch-up contributions
- Understand the employer’s versus the financial organization’s responsibilities when making and accepting HSA contributions
- Recouping erroneous employer contributions
- What happens when employees who are eligible for employer HSA contributions do not establish an HSA?
The winds of change are in the air. Comprehensive retirement plan legislation has arrived. As a new year starts, it is important to understand how new legislation will dramatically impact your IRA program. Join us for a lively discussion of current issues and rule changes. If you interact with IRA and HSA owners, have supervisory, managerial, or decision-making responsibilities, you’ll learn about the many implications regarding what is new and important in 2020 and beyond.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will provide frontline employees and new account representatives, as well as senior management with operational, compliance, or decision-making authority with important information needed to make informed decisions about IRA and HSA plans and programs. It will also benefit individuals who hold insurance or securities licenses.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"IRA Series: Handling IRA Required Minimum Distributions & Roth Distributions"
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Top 10 Most Misunderstood IRA Issues: Turning Confusion into Confidence"
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
"IRA Series: IRA Reporting, Common Issues & Error Resolution"
Thursday, August 1, 2019
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.