This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Imagine yourself being served with a subpoena or summons and handling it with aplomb and confidence. If that scenario is more dream than reality, this is the webinar for you! Legal processes, garnishments, and levies don’t have to be intimidating. Learn the ins and outs of how to compliantly address each issue.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with the financial privacy restrictions when responding to subpoenas and summonses
- Explain your institution’s legal responsibilities in processing garnishments and levies
- Understand the special procedures for accounts containing federal benefit payments
- Accurately calculate the amount that must be protected in accounts with federal benefit payments
- Determine whether to attach a joint account or an account held by a trust, sole proprietorship, corporation, or other entity
- Timely notify accountholders when required
Has your institution implemented proper procedures for handling subpoenas, summonses, garnishments, and levies? Although these complicated legal documents are part of the daily fabric, many staff members are not properly trained to handle them – thus exposing the institution to significant liability. This webinar will explain these legal processes and the situations in which they can be served on your institution. It will describe proper handling, such as determining what information can and can’t be disclosed, identifying accounts, placing account holds, answering interrogatories, notifying the accountholder, and remitting funds. The special requirements and procedures for accounts that receive federal benefit payments will also be included.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit deposit operations personnel, account service representatives, tellers, collectors, compliance personnel, privacy officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Official guidelines issued by the Department of the Treasury: Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments
- Sample accountholder notice form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THESE RELATED WEBINARS!
|"Hot IRA Issues: Divorce, IRS Levies, Creditor Claims & Misunderstood Rules"
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
"ACH Payment Reclamations & Garnishments"
Thursday, September 9, 2021
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.