10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
HELOCs are highly regulated and have special rules and disclosures. Learn the ins and outs of required disclosures, advertising restrictions, and properly handling HELOCs from application through end-of-draw.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the specific disclosures required for HELOCs
- Analyze advertising restrictions and the mandatory special wording
- Distinguish when a change-in-terms notice must be sent to the borrower
- Provide the required special notice when a HELOC is reduced, suspended, or terminated
- Determine if a HELOC can be terminated when the borrower moves out or the home’s value significantly declines
- Properly manage HELOCs nearing the end-of-draw period
A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a special type of loan that is highly regulated. Every aspect of a HELOC has special rules. There are certain disclosures that must be included in the loan documents, distinct wording for advertisements, special limitations on when lenders may decrease or suspend a HELOC, and special timing requirements for disclosures sent prior to maturity. In addition, Regulation Z prohibits lenders from changing any term of a HELOC, except in very limited circumstances.
This webinar will explain the required HELOC disclosures and advertising restrictions. It will explore specific situations when lenders are permitted to decrease, suspend, or terminate a HELOC, and how to do so. You’ll also learn how to handle HELOCs nearing their end-of-draw periods.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage loan officers, loan operations personnel, managers, compliance officers, internal auditors, marketing staff, and attorneys.
- HELOC advertising checklist
- Interagency guidance on HELOCs nearing the end-of-draw period
- Interagency guidance on credit risk management for home equity lending
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.