10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do your HR policies address marijuana use and impairment – on and off the job?
IN THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Understanding and complying with federal and state marijuana laws
- Weighing the legality and effectiveness of zero-tolerance policies
- Testing (or not testing) employees and job applicants
- Conflicting court decisions on disciplining employees and rejecting job applicants
- Prohibiting on-the-job marijuana use
- Blocking medical marijuana users from employment
- Accommodating registered medicinal users
- Complying with anti-discrimination protections and disability-accommodation laws
- Recognizing and handling suspected impairment
- Managing expectations about on-the-job and off-duty consumption
- Addressing cannabis oil (CBD) and hemp
- Updating policy and procedures to keep pace with evolving legislation and case law
Is your financial institution prepared for legalized marijuana? While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use. To date, 33 states and Washington, D.C. have legalized medical use, and 11 states have approved recreational use. Regardless of where your state stands, now is the time for HR professionals and employers to address the challenges of employee marijuana use.
Effective marijuana HR policies and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management. This webinar is designed to help financial institutions understand, prepare for, and manage marijuana use in compliance with policy, best practices, and the law. Join us to gain an understanding of policy-related issues and procedures. Learn why and how to implement best-practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws. As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, don’t leave cannabis compliance to chance. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana HR policy and procedures.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance will benefit.
- Whitepaper, Marijuana HR Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Legalized marijuana resource list and links
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.